Things that annoy me... in no particular order..

These are things that annoy me in no particular order.

1. People who try to tell you how to raise your kids. Especially when they have no children or their children are much younger than your children. Did they raise their kids in reverse? You raise your kids your way, I'll raise my kids mine!

2. People who give your baby something you've specifically asked them not too, such as ice cream to a six month old. No means no, it does not mean sneak around the corner and give it to the baby. That's just fucked up. (This applies to my daughter saying no to something for her daughter and someone ignoring it.)



3. People who say if you simply had breast fed your baby, this would not have happened. Numerous people have been told if they had breast fed their baby would not have had colic. Breast feeding and bottle feeding are a personal choice. Sometimes there are reasons a person can not breast feed. Colic does indeed effect breast fed babies.

4. People who stay in a restaurant with a screaming infant/child. I am not paying to eat out to listen to your child scream through my entire meal. Are you really enjoying your meal listening to the child scream? When my children were younger and screamed, I would make every attempt to quiet them and if I couldn't, I'd leave. Don't bring them to the movie theater either, especially to R rated movies. Common sense here people.

End rant for now... I'm keeping the list going.

Comments

miwise said…
You know, Em, that common sense hasn't been around for a long time. And as for screaming kids in restaurants, I hear it almost every day! One mother looked up at me and said, "I can't do anything with her." My reply was, "Who's in charge here, you or her?"

I have been known to tell my son that he's sometimes a bit hard on his kids. "Mother, you raised yours and I'll raise mine." Okey-dokey.

You're not shy. (That just comes across, you know.) Tell people to butt out, don't feed this kid stuff not intended for infants. Your daughter, too. It's her baby and her decisions.

Now I'm telling you what to do.

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..