The tree is gone...

The tree is gone. There is a hole where it once stood, mocking us. Laughing at us. How dare the void laugh at us. Okay seriously, the tree is down. When I walked by and a branch snapped off, I mean snapped too like a twig, I figured we'd better get the tree out before two branches rubbed together causing friction enough to start a fire. Don't act like I'm crazy. It could happen, you don't know. Stranger things have happened.

Speaking of our tree, Rob has discovered LED lights. To say that he loves LED lights would minimize the fascination or would it be almost an obsession with LED lights. While we have our usual argument about the lights on the tree every year. I prefer fewer blinking lights if any at all, he prefers a tree that causes seizures in those unlucky enough to look directly at it. I've seen visitors drop to the floor and require hospitalization. LED lights, do not come with flashers. They don't sell flashes in any of the stores that we frequent. This makes me very, very happy. Think of it, I can sit and enjoy my tree without having to take anti-seizure or anti-nausea meds. Which makes Christmas much more enjoyable all the way around. For Rob, he enjoys the light quality of the LED and has decided he will put the smaller lights in the middle of the tree for depth and add the blinkers to those and we can have the larger, crisper LED lights on the outer branches. Yes, I think this is a way for us all to be happy. Although I will miss taking those special meds at Christmas time.

In other news, we are going to take a road trip to Best Buy in Concord, NH. We have never been there and have used Map Quest to show us the way. I printed the directions out on my new printer, which will be fully paid for in 2029. It was so worth it because I have enough ink to print thousands of pictures of my new grand baby when she gets here, and really, that is what makes life worth living, annoying complete strangers with grandchildren pictures and stories!

Comments

Mr. Mr said…
we still have to take down our plastic one


and LED xmas lights, dont think ive seen those, they must be super bright
cat said…
I have plans to remove my tree by Monday. I want my inlaws' to see it first. ;) And I hate blinky lights on trees. Or, rather, on my tree. Some people make it work right. I like my white lights. But I think perhaps we should budget for the LED ones next year - they are softer.

Do we get to see any photos of the tree before it was put to rest?
Emsxiety said…
Boricua: Yeah they are super bright. Really nice though. Sharp colors.

Cat: I found them half off at two different stores so I bought him a few at each store. He was in Heaven.

The future son in law took a couple pictures, soon as I can get my hands on them they'll be posted.

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..