Smoke on the PORCH
This has been a battle that has raged on for years. YEARS. We quit smoking. We as in I did and he kept smoking. I can smell the cigarettes when he smokes. We are still battling over him smoking with head in the slider, sitting on the floor annoying the shit out of me. He's supposed to sitting on the porch with the slider CLOSED. He doesn't. He does that half in half out thingy with the smoke blowing back in. I will freak and lose it. He'll go back to smoking all the way out on the porch with the slider door closed. It will make me so proud. I can almost cry. But in no time, he's right back to the half in half out thingy.
Our grand daughter is due in January. We have once agreed there will be no smoking in the house. It is not good for the baby. Research has shown over and over cigarette smoking and babies just don't mix. He agrees. He agreed to no smoking in the vehicles, but yet he smoked a cigarette in the new truck. What irks me the most is, he just shouldn't agree to it. He shouldn't promise not to smoke in the vehicle or promise to only smoke the porch when he knows he won't. I should probably stop pushing him to agree. But I won't. Because it's the right thing to do.
It doesn't bother me horribly that he smokes so much as where he does it. Not in the house and not in the new vehicles. We agreed we agreed to no smoking in the house, we agreed to no smoking in the new vehicles and dammit he's going to pony up to the bar or my nagging will take on a level that he hasn't seen in the last 21 years we've been together. Or I'll just mumble under my breath and save the fight for when HJ is in labor.
Our grand daughter is due in January. We have once agreed there will be no smoking in the house. It is not good for the baby. Research has shown over and over cigarette smoking and babies just don't mix. He agrees. He agreed to no smoking in the vehicles, but yet he smoked a cigarette in the new truck. What irks me the most is, he just shouldn't agree to it. He shouldn't promise not to smoke in the vehicle or promise to only smoke the porch when he knows he won't. I should probably stop pushing him to agree. But I won't. Because it's the right thing to do.
It doesn't bother me horribly that he smokes so much as where he does it. Not in the house and not in the new vehicles. We agreed we agreed to no smoking in the house, we agreed to no smoking in the new vehicles and dammit he's going to pony up to the bar or my nagging will take on a level that he hasn't seen in the last 21 years we've been together. Or I'll just mumble under my breath and save the fight for when HJ is in labor.
Comments