R's birthday was Friday..

Yes, it was R’s birthday on Friday. Did he clean? NO! In fact his parents were coming so I stayed up late Thursday night and cleaned for him. Did he get cards? Yes, yes he did. Did he get a cake? Yes he did. Now you do remember back in May when I did not get a cake and I did get to spend my entire birthday cleaning. You remember that right?? Cause I do. Oh boy do I. I also remember no gifts on my birthday, but he got money and a helicopter, not to mention the air gun thingy I got him end of last month that he had to have for his birthday. That he’s gone outside with the kids and shot at a paper target once. Don’t even ask me how much it cost, oh no, or the helicopter. You would get tears in your eyes.

Maybe next year, on my birthday, I will get a cake and candles. Maybe next year I will get a gift on my birthday, maybe next year I won’t be cleaning all day. Doubtful, but maybe.

Although my teenage daughter and her friends did eat most of his cake. Ahh children are such a joy.

In other news, I dropped my curling iron while curling my hair today and burnt my eye lid and face a bit. I’m telling you, I am a gazelle. There is nothing but graceful movements coming from me. Who drops their curling iron in the middle of curling their hair? Umm hello, it’s a scalding hot stick of death and I drop it on my eye. Good thing I was smart enough to close it. The eye I mean. Luckily it was still stuck in my hair, the curling iron I mean. If only you could have seen me. *Sigh* It’s really not easy being me.

In other news, I went strolling through Wal-Mart and Target today. I discovered that on the few things I cross checked, Wal-Mart is cheaper. Not a surprise, but what was a surprise is that it’s only by a couple of pennies. On hand soap, store brand, Wal-Mart was 7 cents cheaper. I was really expecting a bigger difference. I walked around these stores all by myself. I got to wander aisles going up and down the same aisles numerous times like I like to do. What if you miss something the first time??? R does not enjoy this and usually ends up going to sit in the car. HJ tolerates it for awhile and D chases me aisle to aisle with the cart saying you can’t just leave it there. It was nice to leave my cart where ever I wanted and to meet back up with it later on.

And for the first time in my life I bought something from a Starbucks. I bought a Banana Creme Frappucino. It was not very impressive. Frank the nice cashier from Target was running the Starbucks and made me my Banana Creme Frappucino that cost me almost as much as my entire shopping experience at Target. Maybe someone could suggest something else to try next time I go to Starbucks

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..