Laundromat Etiquette 101

Ladies and gentlemen, for some reason when people go to the Laundromat, all common courtesy gets shoved clean out the window. As a reasonable person, who’s prozac is currently working fantastically, I shall explain to you some of the do’s and don’ts of the Laundromat.

First, when entering the Laundromat, bring your laundry by the washers you intend to use providing they are not currently in use. Do not stack your laundry by the door and then get pissy when someone else starts putting clothes in the washer machines. This does not make any laundry experience pleasant ever.

When putting in your laundry soap, please make sure you are only putting it in your washers, it is very upsetting when my washer is on the final spin and your stupid ass puts laundry soap in it. The smile on my face is not a real smile, if you look closely, it never makes it to my eyes. Yes I do expect you to pay to rewash my clothes. Of course I do, yes accidents happen, but that doesn’t mean I should have to pay $2.50 for your mistake.

When moving your clothes from the washer to the dryer do not put 2 pairs of pants in one dryer, one sweatshirt in another and four towels in the last one. These are commercial size dryers, not those dinky home dryers. All that and more can go in one dryer so that other people can also have dryers ready when their washers have stopped.

And one of my biggest pet peeves, do not come from home with forty loads of wet clothes and take up every dryer in the place. I have been in that Laundromat for a good forty minutes already washing clothes and do not want to have to wait an hour or more for your dryers to be done so I can start drying mine. I am a full patron of the Laundromat while you’re only a partial patron, please limit yourself to a couple of dryers. And don’t sneer at me with your stupid grin thinking I will not rip out your clothes the minute that dryer is done. Or that I did not contemplate following your ass home and umm…. well never mind.

Which brings me to my final complaint, do not put your clothes in the dryer of the Laundromat and then leave for six weeks and get upset when someone removes your clothes from the dryer. You’re taking up very valuable space. Dryers are even more precious than washers some weeks.

Oh and just a common courtesy rule: When you’re done drying look around and see if anyone can use your dryer that you’ve removed your clothes from, preferably someone that has washed their clothes there as well. Especially offer it if you still have time left, it causes a pay it forward mentality at the Laundromat!

Next we will discuss people you find at the Laundromat…….

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat