I love my kids, the hubby ain't bad either
HJ: Hey Mom?
Me: Yeah?
HJ: When we went to the mall we went on those escalators that go up and down.
Me: Yes honey, because the ones that go side to side are just no fun to ride.
She did not find it as amusing as I did. Then again they seldom do.
Me: Honey did you bring my library book back yet?
R: What?
Me looking at my library book next to him: Did you bring my library book back yet?
R: Umm did you see how windy it is out?
Me: I’m going to take that as a no, but please bring it back tomorrow.
R: I will, don’t worry.
Flash to one week later. I play the answering machine and hear the message, Em you have an over due library book, if you’d like to know the title please call the library.
Me: R, did you bring back my library book?
R: Absolutely.
Me: The library called tonight about my library book being overdue.
R with an innocent look: Did you see how windy it is out there?
I brought it back the next day.
D: Mom, read this, what’s the expiration date on the milk?
Me: It says October 22.
D: Do you think it’s okay?
Me: Yes it’s the 19 so we have 3 days.
D: Well when did you buy it?
Me: I bought it about 3 days ago.
D: Does it expire faster once you open it? Or is the date still guaranteed.
Me: There’s no guarantee on milk, that’s a sale by date to ensure freshness.
D: Will you smell it?
Me: Sniff, smells good to me.
D: Will you take a drink of it just to be sure?
Me: Do you think Hood dairy is trying to poison you?
D: Well not intentionally, do you trust the expiration dates mom?
Me-throwing away the rest of the milk and opening up the new one.
He is very particular about expiration dates on things and directions on dosages, to the point where he actually argued with the doctor and accused us of trying to over dose him on Prilosec. *sigh*
I have a great life…..no seriously, I do!
Me: Yeah?
HJ: When we went to the mall we went on those escalators that go up and down.
Me: Yes honey, because the ones that go side to side are just no fun to ride.
She did not find it as amusing as I did. Then again they seldom do.
Me: Honey did you bring my library book back yet?
R: What?
Me looking at my library book next to him: Did you bring my library book back yet?
R: Umm did you see how windy it is out?
Me: I’m going to take that as a no, but please bring it back tomorrow.
R: I will, don’t worry.
Flash to one week later. I play the answering machine and hear the message, Em you have an over due library book, if you’d like to know the title please call the library.
Me: R, did you bring back my library book?
R: Absolutely.
Me: The library called tonight about my library book being overdue.
R with an innocent look: Did you see how windy it is out there?
I brought it back the next day.
D: Mom, read this, what’s the expiration date on the milk?
Me: It says October 22.
D: Do you think it’s okay?
Me: Yes it’s the 19 so we have 3 days.
D: Well when did you buy it?
Me: I bought it about 3 days ago.
D: Does it expire faster once you open it? Or is the date still guaranteed.
Me: There’s no guarantee on milk, that’s a sale by date to ensure freshness.
D: Will you smell it?
Me: Sniff, smells good to me.
D: Will you take a drink of it just to be sure?
Me: Do you think Hood dairy is trying to poison you?
D: Well not intentionally, do you trust the expiration dates mom?
Me-throwing away the rest of the milk and opening up the new one.
He is very particular about expiration dates on things and directions on dosages, to the point where he actually argued with the doctor and accused us of trying to over dose him on Prilosec. *sigh*
I have a great life…..no seriously, I do!
Comments