Happy Birthday Rob
Happy Birthday Rob. Today is R’s 38th birthday. He is very old. I know he is old because I am old too. It’s nice to know I am not getting old alone. He’s coming with me, kicking and screaming the whole way, but he’s coming none the less. He is telling everyone he turned 26 today. I let him because it’s not nice to make someone cry on their birthday. But tomorrow, I will go to each and every one of those people and tell them he is really 38 and that he lied. I can do that because tomorrow will no longer be his birthday. See how that works?? I give him one day a year that’s all about him, so he better suck it up, cause tomorrow it’s back to normal.
My son stayed home while we ran out to stores tonight and he decorated the house in streamers for his dad. He actually did a very nice job. They look great. R is very surprised and impressed. The boy did good!
To top off his birthday, our learning disabled daughter brought home a 100! She brought home a 100 in biology, she was the only person in the entire class that got a 100! Her biology teacher told us that she is very bright and if she would just go to school she would be getting A’s in his class. He said she has a lot to contribute and even manages to get the rest of the class in to the discussion and to take it seriously. She has power.. I hope she only uses it for good and not for evil. That’s very important.
R turned to our son and said, why can’t you be more like your sister. Which is funny cause she’s always crying about how her brother gets good grades and she doesn’t. So he said but I got a 100, he brought out a 100 and a 94 on two of his tests. First we said you wrote that grade on yourself, that doesn’t count. Which of course he didn’t, but it’s not that easy. I said you brought home a 94, are you crazy? R said go get me your playstation and a hammer. That’s it, you’re grounded.
But mostly, Happy Birthday R and thanks for being the man that you are, the man that loves me for me no matter how quirky I am. Thanks for being an amazing father to our kids. They really are good kids, no matter what the police that bring them home say. Thank you for being as quirky as I am, with your need for three’s and dry socks. Thank you for loving me and for allowing me to love you, but tomorrow, your ass is mine buddy!
My son stayed home while we ran out to stores tonight and he decorated the house in streamers for his dad. He actually did a very nice job. They look great. R is very surprised and impressed. The boy did good!
To top off his birthday, our learning disabled daughter brought home a 100! She brought home a 100 in biology, she was the only person in the entire class that got a 100! Her biology teacher told us that she is very bright and if she would just go to school she would be getting A’s in his class. He said she has a lot to contribute and even manages to get the rest of the class in to the discussion and to take it seriously. She has power.. I hope she only uses it for good and not for evil. That’s very important.
R turned to our son and said, why can’t you be more like your sister. Which is funny cause she’s always crying about how her brother gets good grades and she doesn’t. So he said but I got a 100, he brought out a 100 and a 94 on two of his tests. First we said you wrote that grade on yourself, that doesn’t count. Which of course he didn’t, but it’s not that easy. I said you brought home a 94, are you crazy? R said go get me your playstation and a hammer. That’s it, you’re grounded.
But mostly, Happy Birthday R and thanks for being the man that you are, the man that loves me for me no matter how quirky I am. Thanks for being an amazing father to our kids. They really are good kids, no matter what the police that bring them home say. Thank you for being as quirky as I am, with your need for three’s and dry socks. Thank you for loving me and for allowing me to love you, but tomorrow, your ass is mine buddy!
Comments