My car..
Now I want you all to take a minute and realize, I am not telling you this so you can be jealous. Keep that in my mind when you read about my amazing car. Although if you are jealous, I understand. She's a sweet little ride.
First, end of last year my brakes went on the way to work in a snow storm. Yes, you read that right. I was worried about getting work on time so I finished driving to work. Going was fine, stopping was a bitch. Rob came and got the car and brought her home. It took until March 23rd or so before the car finally got fixed. Why? Well money was one issues, okay it was a big issue. Then after I get that fixed, in April the brakes start squealing. Why? Well because the brakes line are new so now of course the brakes want to be new too. Then the exhaust which hasn't been the quietest decides to be loud enough that I can't go to a drive thru because they can't hear me unless I shut the car off. Now I need that fixed too. So I start saving and when I finally think, okay I'll get new brake pads and a new exhaust piece it starts making this horrendous noise from the back end. It only happens when I turn or go over hard bumps. But it sounds U G L Y. I actually pulled over to make sure nothing was hanging down.
What kind of car you ask? A 1998 Saturn SW2. Now for those of you that think the SW stands for Swagger Wagon, well you'd be close, it stands for falling apart, horrible sounding, barely stopping Station Wagon that I absolutely love. Do I think she's fixable? Of course, anything is fixable. But can I afford it? That's the bigger question.
To end this, I'll tell you how the conversation went with a friend of mine. I said I'm sure my car is fixable. I'm also sure my ass can't afford it. My friend replied your ass still works to which I asked does Auto Zone accept ass payments? Because that my friends is how I roll. I may or may not be calling local automotive part stores tomorrow asking them if they accept ass payments! I'll let you know how it goes!
Comments