Happy Mother's Day

Happy Mother's Day Mommie. Miss you. Love you! Even though sometimes you made me want to bash my face through the kitchen table, I'd give just about anything for one more day. To know how it was for you. To make sure you weren't scared. To let you know that you are forgiven and loved. To let you know that even though you drove me absolutely fucking crazy sometimes, especially when chewing gum, you are missed.

We tell your stories Mommie. Both the ones you'd be proud of and the ones that may make you squirm. We laugh at the good memories and cry over of our loss of you. The last couple of years with you were some of the best of our lives. Thank you for those. I remember great memories as a kid, of you baking cookies and home made pita bread. Your Christmas cookies were absolutely delicious and I looked forward to Holidays with you. Reading Edgar Allen Poe to me before bed. You knew how much I loved the Telltale Heart. Getting me an adult library card when I was 8 so I could read any book I wanted. Encouraging me to escape in books.  Playing wiffle ball in the front yard in the summer. Gardening and being able to eat the fresh cucumbers and green beans right from the garden. See Mommie, there are good memories.

Thank you for being the Nana that you were as well. These kids miss you so much. How does it feel to realize how loved you are? Does it bring you the comfort you were seeking all your life? I hope so. I hope you've found peace Mommie. Happy Mother's Day! Love you, mean it!

PS. "Mayonnaise makes me bleed out my pores and eggs put me right in a coma!" ERDB

Comments

Denise said…
Happy Mother's Day, Em... and Happy Mother's Day to Paul's Mother. I'm sure she's reading along.
Judybelle said…
What a wonderful tribute to your mother; thank you for sharing your wonderful memories.
Emsxiety said…
Thanks Denise much appreciated. Paul's Mother was special.
Emsxiety said…
Thanks Judy. Glad you came to visit.
miwise said…
Very nice, Em.
Emsxiety said…
Thanks Miwise. How have you been?

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..