Whoever gossips to you will gossip about you. ~Spanish Proverb
So there's this guy in my building who feels the need to talk about the lives of other people in the building. I avoid those conversations because personally I don't care what my neighbors are doing or not doing. It's really none of my business. If they wanted me to know, I think they'd drop on by and tell me. Otherwise, it's on them. Not to say I've never enjoyed gossip, but I find the older I get, the less I care. I have enough of my own shit in life to worry about or try and keep up with what everyone else is doing.
However, this guy seems to find it very important to share every single detail of everyone else's life with everyone else in the building who will listen. What bothers me is the fact that he is sharing aspects of my life with other people. I got slightly annoyed when he asked another neighbor about my son because he hadn't seen him for over a year and a half. Why not just ask me? It's not like he doesn't see me. Trust me he knows when we go out and when we return. But to share with everyone in the building that my family broke up and someone moved out, what's the point? How does that have anything to do with anyone in this building beside my family? I realize that the person moving out told him he was leaving, he did not share it with everyone else for a reason. It's none of their fucking business. But somehow, Mr Town Crier has decided that it is important for every one to know.
The man does have good points, he shares vegetables from his garden that he grows every summer. He makes amazing pickles and shares pumpkins with my grand daughter for them to decorate for the yard here. This is probably his saving grace. However, the gossiping annoys me, about any family really, but especially when it's about my family. What would you do if he were your neighbor? What would you say to him? Would you even bother?
However, this guy seems to find it very important to share every single detail of everyone else's life with everyone else in the building who will listen. What bothers me is the fact that he is sharing aspects of my life with other people. I got slightly annoyed when he asked another neighbor about my son because he hadn't seen him for over a year and a half. Why not just ask me? It's not like he doesn't see me. Trust me he knows when we go out and when we return. But to share with everyone in the building that my family broke up and someone moved out, what's the point? How does that have anything to do with anyone in this building beside my family? I realize that the person moving out told him he was leaving, he did not share it with everyone else for a reason. It's none of their fucking business. But somehow, Mr Town Crier has decided that it is important for every one to know.
The man does have good points, he shares vegetables from his garden that he grows every summer. He makes amazing pickles and shares pumpkins with my grand daughter for them to decorate for the yard here. This is probably his saving grace. However, the gossiping annoys me, about any family really, but especially when it's about my family. What would you do if he were your neighbor? What would you say to him? Would you even bother?
Comments