'Cause tonight's the night.. It's gonna be alright..
'Cause tonight's the night, it's gonna be alright or so they say. They say a lot of shit really and most of the time I try to believe it. I'm sure down the road it really will be okay. But tonight, tonight it's not okay. Tonight is the night when he leaves. Everything is packed up, last meal eaten as a family and the road is calling to him.
I would say it's my dislike of change that has me feeling so blue, but it's not. It's watching him drive away leaving behind my daughter and his, it's knowing how hard this is for him. I know it's the right to do, I do. But it doesn't mean it's easy.
I think it's for the best, no I know it is, but it doesn't change how hard it is. She's doing the right thing for her and her child and he's doing the right thing for him. Some how, it will all work out. But tonight, tonight is just hard.
I would say it's my dislike of change that has me feeling so blue, but it's not. It's watching him drive away leaving behind my daughter and his, it's knowing how hard this is for him. I know it's the right to do, I do. But it doesn't mean it's easy.
I think it's for the best, no I know it is, but it doesn't change how hard it is. She's doing the right thing for her and her child and he's doing the right thing for him. Some how, it will all work out. But tonight, tonight is just hard.
Comments