Meatwad may be related to Jesus..
Meatwad may be related to Jesus. By Jesus, I don't mean the guy that works at our nursing home or the guy on True Blood that takes care of Lafayettes mother. This fish amazes me in ways that just don't seem possible. I almost said human, but he's not human, however it's obvious he's a member of our family. The story goes...
I received a call at work on Wednesday, Rob was obviously distressed. I got enough to understand that something had happened to our 55 gallon fish tank that Meatwad was in. Understood enough that it was leaking and/or possibly pouring water on to the floor in our living room and that coming home was the only option so home I came. Meatwad was in a 5 gallon rubbish bucket and the fish tank was moved out and the living room floor was soaked. Soaked is an understatement. We all estimate a different amount of water that had leaked, but the best guestimation is around 15 to 20 gallons. That's a hell of a lot of water. In a panic, we removed all evidence of the fish tank and anything to do with fish. Why? Well we're not allowed fish here and obviously with the amount of water that had poured out, there was going to be some damage downstairs. Which there was, but I have apartment insurance and the management said I'm all set. I did call them and report the water pouring, I didn't tell them the complete truth of where it came from. I said it was coming from my carpet cleaner. What, you can rent a 20 gallon carpet cleaner can't you?? There is a lil water stain on their ceiling and that's the extent of the damage. We can all breath now. We cleaned the carpet over and over until it was as dry as we could get it. We removed the leaking tank, not able to fix it, it was broken. We threw away the stand because it was obvious the tank had been leaking for awhile and the stand was water damaged and falling apart. The bad part was we also threw away the filters, heater, air pump and food. I mean we panicked. For two days Meatwad swam around in a 5 gallon trash bucket. The night before his tank started leaking he was being treated for ick. He laid on the bottom of the tank and looked half dead. We thought, this is it. Then the leaking we were like, it's just a sign it's his time.
Cut to today, he's still alive in the freaking 5 gallon trash bucket. He ate pork chops last night HJ fed him. He's still alive and looking, well, spunky. So taking $120 that we don't have, we went and bought Meatwad a new tank. It's much smaller at 20 gallons and is on the kitchen counter for now, but he bounced back once again. He's swimming around in his new tank looking lively. He's ALIVE after 2 almost 3 days in a 5 gallon rubbish bucket with no heater, no filter and no air bubbles. They're supposed to be "delicate". Any changes in their water, especially temperature is supposed to kill them. Apparently they never met our Meatwad. He's like a Timex watch, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. He's blows me away. Maybe it's time to change his name? HJ was keeping vigil over the bucket, but now we all say Hi as we walk by his tank on the counter. We need to get him a stand soon. But I'd like to pay rent first and so we shall. He's still with us, he really is a miracle fish.
I received a call at work on Wednesday, Rob was obviously distressed. I got enough to understand that something had happened to our 55 gallon fish tank that Meatwad was in. Understood enough that it was leaking and/or possibly pouring water on to the floor in our living room and that coming home was the only option so home I came. Meatwad was in a 5 gallon rubbish bucket and the fish tank was moved out and the living room floor was soaked. Soaked is an understatement. We all estimate a different amount of water that had leaked, but the best guestimation is around 15 to 20 gallons. That's a hell of a lot of water. In a panic, we removed all evidence of the fish tank and anything to do with fish. Why? Well we're not allowed fish here and obviously with the amount of water that had poured out, there was going to be some damage downstairs. Which there was, but I have apartment insurance and the management said I'm all set. I did call them and report the water pouring, I didn't tell them the complete truth of where it came from. I said it was coming from my carpet cleaner. What, you can rent a 20 gallon carpet cleaner can't you?? There is a lil water stain on their ceiling and that's the extent of the damage. We can all breath now. We cleaned the carpet over and over until it was as dry as we could get it. We removed the leaking tank, not able to fix it, it was broken. We threw away the stand because it was obvious the tank had been leaking for awhile and the stand was water damaged and falling apart. The bad part was we also threw away the filters, heater, air pump and food. I mean we panicked. For two days Meatwad swam around in a 5 gallon trash bucket. The night before his tank started leaking he was being treated for ick. He laid on the bottom of the tank and looked half dead. We thought, this is it. Then the leaking we were like, it's just a sign it's his time.
Cut to today, he's still alive in the freaking 5 gallon trash bucket. He ate pork chops last night HJ fed him. He's still alive and looking, well, spunky. So taking $120 that we don't have, we went and bought Meatwad a new tank. It's much smaller at 20 gallons and is on the kitchen counter for now, but he bounced back once again. He's swimming around in his new tank looking lively. He's ALIVE after 2 almost 3 days in a 5 gallon rubbish bucket with no heater, no filter and no air bubbles. They're supposed to be "delicate". Any changes in their water, especially temperature is supposed to kill them. Apparently they never met our Meatwad. He's like a Timex watch, takes a licking and keeps on ticking. He's blows me away. Maybe it's time to change his name? HJ was keeping vigil over the bucket, but now we all say Hi as we walk by his tank on the counter. We need to get him a stand soon. But I'd like to pay rent first and so we shall. He's still with us, he really is a miracle fish.
Comments