Frustrations....

Frustrations are all a part of life. I get this, I do. However, some frustrations are totally preventable. Like say for instance, telling someone you are going to do something and then not doing it. This is sometimes unavoidable, I get that, however, when things are in your control and you try bullshitting your way through them or around them, you cause frustration for those around you. Telling someone you are going to do something on such and such a date and then not doing it is bad enough. But then avoiding their phone calls and ignoring their text messages takes it to a whole new level. If you were not prepared to go through with it, why mention it at all? All you have succeeded in doing is taking someone who already has a hard time believing in people and making them think that perhaps they weren't wrong after all.

It took all the time with us for us to get to where we are, to realize that they are deserving of love and compassion. That you are not going to be getting your ass beat or screamed and sworn at for days on end for ruining two fifty cent boxes of angel hair pasta because mistakes are made and you just clean up and try again. Being rear ended in a car because you stopped for a school bus and finding out that the parents are more concerned with you than they are with the car, because cars can be replaced. To find out that even when you don't have a job and have a hard time finding one that you won't be thrown out on the street or called names. That you are loved every day regardless of whether you are grouchy or not is a great feeling. Being told we will go here on this day and do this on this day and then have it happen is really possible. Makes you feel good. But all it takes is months of bullshit to have this person reconsider things. To see the disappointment, to see the pain, to know that it was preventable but not by you makes you almost as frustrated as the person it is happening to.

Hopefully the right thing will be done. Hopefully this will be resolved. Hopefully I won't have to place a call or send a letter. Maybe just venting here and having it fixed without my intervention will happen. We've been seeing this for months, maybe something will change in the next 24 hours. Maybe someone will step up to the plate and hit a home run. And maybe butterflies will fly out my ass, it could happen!

Comments

Denise said…
Oh look! There's a butterfly! It's pretty!

Hang in there, Em!
Emsxiety said…
Thanks Denise. It's still not resolved but we're getting there!
Anonymous said…
Oh I do understand that, sometimes we have to take the back seat and let the shit hit the windshield and let he whom is driving clean the mess...that doesnt mean we must sit back and watch the people we love get shit on and do or say nothing, we have come to care about this person...alot..we love him... we cant imagine treating him in this manner and cant understand how someone else could. If a letter must go out or a phone call must be made I imagine you my dear would be the first person he would ask to assist him....keep the chin up and just keep loving him he knows you have his back xo angelfish
Emsxiety said…
Well I wasn't going to update, but I figured there may be some interested in whether it was resolved. I did text message for about two hours. It is resolved. Funny how quickly it worked out after I text messaged.

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..