Paul's Mother's son Paul...

First let me say that David and I were not getting along for months.Since last May until about two months ago.  I was still talking to Paul via text messaging mostly, but David and I weren't talking at all. The past two months he and I have been talking again and it's been nice. Last Monday my brother Paul was rushed to the hospital by ambulance from his work for a heart attack. Said it felt like someone was ripping his heart out of his chest. David called me immediately. I called Paul and talked to him Monday night and Tuesday numerous times. I kept calling him so he'd know I was there.Tuesday he was going to the cath lab to have a stint put in. Eight hours later we still hasn't heard anything. They couldn't tell us anything because he was in surgery. I said surgery for what? They couldn't tell us. They wouldn't tell David even though he was Paul's contact person and they wouldn't tell me because even though I am next of kin, there's no proof. I argued, begged and pleaded. Finally I got them to agree to talk to David and if he gave a password I could talk to them as well. Turns out he had a triple bypass because when they got him in the cath lab the discovered he had a  massive blockage. It was very scary. He was on a ventilator, spiked a fever and just wasn't doing well.
Paul's had a blood transfusion, a serious ESBL infection and difficulty breathing. He's been non-responsive and basically just scared the shit out of us.We took turns calling the hospital and fought with one voice. Whatever David said went and whatever I said went. But in all this time, David and I have had each other to lean on. When David couldn't make the call, I did and vice versa.  Angelfish Sis is right there in the mix. Sending her love, letting us vent to her and being our support network. Our cousins, Aunts and Uncles have all been checking in. I hope Paul realizes how much he is loved and cared for, because it's very obvious to me.
With all this said, Paul is doing better tonight. He was seen by the neurologist and there's no sign of any neurological damage, no sign of a stroke. YAH! He's off the ventilator and the heart balloon pump has been removed. They've changed his sedation around and he's doing better with that. Trying to talk more. For awhile I wondered if my brother was going to make it and to be honest. It scared the shit out of me. I love my brother Paul and I love my brother David. I love them very much. Please keep Paul in your prayers and the rest of us too if you're so inclined.

One last thing, to the nurse Sunday who told me my brother is a train wreck, fuck you for making me cry. Fuck you for making me lose faith in his recovery and fuck you for not being a nurturing person. When he walks out of your hospital, and walk he shall, I'm going to hand him a train whistle to blow on his way out the fucking door!!

Comments

Mr. Mr said…
Train whistle? Why not an air horn. Yeah it would bother other patients but it would annoy the fuck out the nurse. Unless he loves trains then i can see why a train whistle is used.
Shelly said…
Have I mentioned lately my dear friend how much I love you! I really do I know we don't get much time to reconnect, except for the every now and again im's but I really do love you. Even when we don't speak I know you are there and you are a rock I have leaned on so many many times! I love you and I hope you are taking care of yourself as well. How's Paul, and congrats on the nose ring :) it so suits you!

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..