Christmas ... ARGH

Seriously I am annoyed. Annoyed is an understatement. I am cancelling Christmas. Okay not really because that is a bit drastic. See we have a problem here in our house. Our problem is we still don't have a Christmas tree. What you say? What self respecting Christmas fanatic doesn't have their tree up and their house decorated? I don't feel like decorating without a tree. So we're in a catch 22. We have very few decorations up and no tree. I would say we've never gone this late without getting a tree, but we have. You could ask well then why wouldn't you just leave it up longer since you're getting it so late. Well, that would be a me thing. See, as soon as the gifts are opened, I'm ready to rip the tree down. The longer I go with leaving the tree up, the more anxious I get. But only once the gifts are open.

We could put up the tree the week before Thanksgiving and every night I would gaze lovingly at the decorations. I'd be mesmerized by the lights. The garland is like icing on the cake. I even lay under it and look up through the branches at the lights. I could spend hours with just the Christmas tree for lighting and relax. For some reason, all that joy is gone the minute the presents are opened. Five minutes after we are done opening the gifts, I'm itching to take the tree down. It starts slowly. I'll take a bulb or two and put them away. Then I'll take down all of the snow people ornaments before Christmas night is overI just go nuts and remove all the ornaments leaving only the garland and lights. The day after Christmas, the garland comes off the tree. Slowly like a bad striptease. Then all there is left are the lights. They sit there mocking me until finally I cut them all off the tree and throw them away. Then the tree makes it's less than graceful exit in a mist of fallen needles and sticky sap. Life is then quiet again.

So you see, I need to have my tree already. The longer we go without it, then less time I'll have with it. It's not easy being me. That's all I'm saying!

Comments

Denise said…
Sigh. You do need a tree. ASAP. I understand how you feel. I won't decorate without the tree.
Emsxiety said…
See you get me Denise. It's why I value our friendship. Plus you just totally took my side, that's a bonus!