Black Ice

There are a few things that my husband does that annoys the ever living shit outta me. A few things over the past 19 years isn’t all that bad. For the most part he’s a great guy. There’s the whole forgetting cake on my birthday thing and his need to save and collect everything, but the one thing that really gets me going is black ice.
Black ice season starts in November and goes through till April. It doesn’t hlep me at all that the Goffstown PD puts up on their sign, Watch out for Black Ice. That’s like giving my husband license to start in on the whole black ice thing. It starts with rain in the colder weather, he starts slowly, “you know black ice is more likely in this type of weather right?” Yes dear I know. “You know that black ice can be hiding under wet leaves.”
Wet leaves is another one of his things, “you know wet leaves can be almost as bad as black ice right?” You don’t get to say black ice if you’re talking about wet leaves honey, pick one or the other. But no lecturing about both at the same time. Gees, he should know the rules. I know black ice can be tricky, it sneaks around hiding under things when no one is looking. I know this because over the past 19 years I have learned a lot about black ice.
“What do you do when you drive on black ice?” Well I would keep going and not stop on it. “This is serious you know, black ice is every where.” Yes I know. “Black ice causes more accidents every winter than snow and ice.” So black ice doesn’t fall under the ice category? One would think ice would be ice. But noooo, black ice is an entity all it’s own.
Two years ago we went to the work Christmas party in January, that’s another story for another day, and there was a nasty snow storm going on. We went anyway. Half way through dinner the man of my dreams, all that I live for and stuff starts in. “You know this storm is pretty bad?” Yes I do which is why I’m glad that we have four wheel drive now. “Well you know that under the snow black ice can be forming?” Yes I know, I am well versed in black ice. ” Well you know four wheel drive can’t help you on black ice right?” Do you really think black ice is forming as we speak? “Don’t you? I mean it’s prime conditions for black ice.” Needless to say we ate quickly and left for home as to prevent our tragic deaths from black ice simply because I wanted to hear the band play.
He’s not allowed to say black ice from May till November. Why? Because by April I am sooooo all set with the black ice I swear if I hear it one more time I’ll explode and my blood will pool and form??? Yes you got it, black ice!

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..