Healing for the women...

I am sick of hearing about the whole Duggar affair. Yes, I'm weighing in on it because it seems everyone else has and why not me.

As a victim that is a survivor I do feel I have some insight into this and feel that I can add my two cents. I am tired of people saying the Duggar girls are not handling this right. That they need to become some type of poster children/women for victims and survivors. That their story will help others come forward and heal if only the Duggar girls handle it properly and hold their brother and parents accountable for what happened.

Here's the thing,  no one has the right to tell the Duggar girls/women how they should be handling this. No one has the right to make the Duggar women become poster children for this cause or any other cause. Isn't that what people are most angry at their parents about? About using their children for their own means. Isn't that exactly what people are now doing? How does this make them any better?

Regardless of what you think, this is a private matter for the victims. Their parents chose to put them in the spotlight. Their parents chose to have their lives out there for all to see.  The girls chose not to have their story splashed all over the headlines. The records were sealed, the girls were healing in their own way and how dare anyone rip the scabs off their wounds and then tell them how they should react and what their responsibilities to others are right now. They have no responsibilities to anyone but themselves. They need to heal. They need to deal with this in the way that best helps them, not you or another victim, then need to focus on themselves.

My prayers and love go out to them at this time. I will not argue with anyone about this as this is my only take on the matter. End of discussion.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat