Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Today someone posted a cute little story about a pharmacy that prescribes a Monster Spray to children that have monsters under their bed. They spray the spray before bedtime, under their bed and it makes all the monsters go away. A little six year old girl used it three times before she was sure all the monsters were gone. I find this story absolutely adorable. I think it's wonderful that this pharmacists does something so kind for small children with big imaginations. I think a little magic in this world is just what a lot of child need.

The response from one woman totally had me stunned. She said it's crap like this that is pussifying our children. Really? Then she went on in another reply when asked what one has to do with the other to say her daughter was bullied and what are they going to make next, bully spray? (They do make a bully spray, it's called mace!)  Her daughter had to graduate early because of bullies. Okay, what does her daughter being bullied have to do with Monster Spray for a six year old? What does bullying have to do with monsters under our beds? I realize bullying is rampant in our society. It's unacceptable and should not be tolerated. However, a cute little story about Monster Spray is not the place for her to step up on her bullying soapbox.  Or tell the story of her daughter's bullying story.

I personally applaud the pharmacist and the pharmacy for this great idea. There is no cost to the parents and it gives the children and parents a full nights rest. If the child believes the monster is real then they will believe the monster spray will make them go away. It's all magic and imagination and there's nothing pussifying about it. If anything, you are putting the tool in the child's hand to handle the monster themselves.

The original post on Huffington: http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2014/03/12/pharmacy-prescribed-monster-spray_n_4944297.html

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why I don't want OnStar..

Get out of your own head.....

The First Hearing of the Heartbeat