Family...

Family is very important to me. Whether we talk to them daily or not. Family has always been very important to me. But family isn't always the ones you are born into or the ones you marry into. I will defend and protect my family born, married and made regardless of our relationship or distance.
But the family you create is created with a bond of love and trust. Which is what makes the family you create for yourself so much better. I thank that family and this does not apply to any of you!
I have surrounded myself with family that are supportive, loving and kind. I have surrounded myself with people that understand me, where I've been and where I'm going. I have separated myself from people who feel the need to judge, belittle, insult and assume regarding my husband, myself or my children/grandchild.
It has come to my attention, that one of those that I have separated myself from has made comments about me being "loud" and how I feel like my life is so hard. How my husband is a good guy, good for what you don't know, but he's a good guy. (The only thing keeping me from telling you about yourself is that you are family.) First of all, I am loud. I am loud and alive. From where I came from, this is a wonderful fucking thing and if you can't accept it that's just too bad for you. I survived and thrived. I do not think my life is so hard. I love my life, absolutely LOVE MY LIFE. Yes, my husband is disabled,  no this is not what we signed up for when we started our lives together but get this straight, I would not change my lot in life for anyones! He is a good guy. He's good for being my rock, our center, the core of our family. Disabled or not, he is a great father and a grandfather like no other. If you had to deal for one day what he's had to deal with for 15 years, you'd have given up a long time ago. He is a strong, intelligent, and loving man. I am blessed to have him in my life.
Yes I live in an apartment, the same one I have lived in for 17 years. Sometimes I pay my rent late. Sometimes money is tight. Okay a lot of times money is tight. But I do not ask anyone for anything. I don't want it. We all earn our way through life and this is the life we have made for ourselves. It's not perfect but it's our life and we're making it!
So the next time you sit around and want to talk about me, maybe you should actually take the time to get to know me. Because it's obvious you don't. But of course you don't want to take the time because if you did, you'd have to realize I'm not the person you've created in your mind. I'm so much more!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..