There are some things we don't agree on...
In two weeks my husband and I will have been married for 24 years. There is still one hot topic that will get us arguing. It's not politics, abortion, religion or anything like that. It's about, get this, tattoos. Mainly, tattoos on women. Not simple smaller tattoos. Those he has no problem with. However, when we look at sleeves or beautiful back/side pieces he makes what I believe to be the most ignorant comments that really get me heated. I think he knows it too. Or he's oblivious to how upset it makes me and doesn't realize I'm being serious about it.
1. Well she's totally ruined her body. Totally ruined her body? Seriously? There is nothing left to do, she should probably cover herself up and wear a big red R on her shirt so everyone knows, she has RUINED her body. What a crime against humanity. I don't know that shouldn't be stoned in the town square. Something must be done! I think tattoos are absolutely beautiful They're artwork and an expression of yourself that you wear on your body. Yes, they're permanent. I'm good with that.
2. What's that going to look like when she's 90? Really? Have you ever seen a naked 90 year old body? Sagging tattoos are the least of your worries. There are moles, warts, wrinkles, fat, bony protrusions, rashes, I could go on but you get the idea. Tattoos simply decorate that. Who knows, I've also seen 90 year olds with amazing skin and body shape. You'd still be able to see any tattoo perfectly on those people. Not a lot of people will make it to 90 anyway and I'm not going to worry today about what my body will look like in 44 years. I want to enjoy my body now, my way.
3. Her body is covered in tattoos, next she'll be getting those body modifications and will end up with devil horns on her forehead and a split lizard tongue. Say what? Oh yes, tattoos are gateways in to plate lips and ears dangling down to your hips. You get one and next thing you know, bam you have a split lizard tongue and hang yourself upside down to sleep at night. I do not believe that tattoos lead to body modifications or vice versa. I also don't believe marijuana smoking leads to heroin addiction. Neither does he so why he thinks that about tattoos I have no idea. Body modifications are a way to decorate the body and I'm all for them for people who want them or have them. It's not something I'd do myself, but I believe if you like it, go for it. I have eight ear piercings, a nose piercing and a belly piercing. I won't gauge them but if someone else wants to gauge theirs, I say go for it!
I love my husband dearly, but this is one thing we will absolutely never agree about. If we had the money and didn't need it for stuff such as light bills and food, I'd have many more tattoos than the one I currently have. He knows my desire for more. He knows how I feel about this and I know how he feels about it too. Hey, he also didn't think nose rings were pretty and thought they looked like boogies. I have one and he ended up loving it and feeling that it fits me. So either he was wrong or he likes the look of boogies on my face!
PS. I'm actually considering starting a Tattoo when I'm 90 fund. If you're interested in donating just let me know!
1. Well she's totally ruined her body. Totally ruined her body? Seriously? There is nothing left to do, she should probably cover herself up and wear a big red R on her shirt so everyone knows, she has RUINED her body. What a crime against humanity. I don't know that shouldn't be stoned in the town square. Something must be done! I think tattoos are absolutely beautiful They're artwork and an expression of yourself that you wear on your body. Yes, they're permanent. I'm good with that.
2. What's that going to look like when she's 90? Really? Have you ever seen a naked 90 year old body? Sagging tattoos are the least of your worries. There are moles, warts, wrinkles, fat, bony protrusions, rashes, I could go on but you get the idea. Tattoos simply decorate that. Who knows, I've also seen 90 year olds with amazing skin and body shape. You'd still be able to see any tattoo perfectly on those people. Not a lot of people will make it to 90 anyway and I'm not going to worry today about what my body will look like in 44 years. I want to enjoy my body now, my way.
3. Her body is covered in tattoos, next she'll be getting those body modifications and will end up with devil horns on her forehead and a split lizard tongue. Say what? Oh yes, tattoos are gateways in to plate lips and ears dangling down to your hips. You get one and next thing you know, bam you have a split lizard tongue and hang yourself upside down to sleep at night. I do not believe that tattoos lead to body modifications or vice versa. I also don't believe marijuana smoking leads to heroin addiction. Neither does he so why he thinks that about tattoos I have no idea. Body modifications are a way to decorate the body and I'm all for them for people who want them or have them. It's not something I'd do myself, but I believe if you like it, go for it. I have eight ear piercings, a nose piercing and a belly piercing. I won't gauge them but if someone else wants to gauge theirs, I say go for it!
I love my husband dearly, but this is one thing we will absolutely never agree about. If we had the money and didn't need it for stuff such as light bills and food, I'd have many more tattoos than the one I currently have. He knows my desire for more. He knows how I feel about this and I know how he feels about it too. Hey, he also didn't think nose rings were pretty and thought they looked like boogies. I have one and he ended up loving it and feeling that it fits me. So either he was wrong or he likes the look of boogies on my face!
PS. I'm actually considering starting a Tattoo when I'm 90 fund. If you're interested in donating just let me know!
Comments