Real life....

Where to begin, maybe I'll try something different and start at the beginning. I played video poker, not for money because I don't have any. But that's not the point here. I started playing back in maybe 2000 where I met some amazing people. When they took away our room, mega poker party 5 and put in all rooms based on ages, I found that my friends who gave me some amazing times were all fifty and up. One was in her late eighties. They were some of the funniest people I had ever met and will ever meet. I absolutely adore them and love them with all my heart. I have only met one of them in person. Here's where that "real life" bullshit irritates me. When we first started out my husband had recently become disabled and I had no job. They've been with me through fighting with Workers compensation and Disability for my husband. They've been through my kids growing up and teenage years. Promising me I'd live through it. They've been there with me through the pregnancy and birth of my amazing grand daughter. They have been my best friends, my confidants, my family. Does the fact that I know them from the Internet make them not real? Because it isn't real life.

But it is real life, because we have been through the death of one of our members husbands, we've lost four members to death. Each of those people are mourned and their losses felt. But it's not real life so how can that be. We've been through retirements, birthdays, anniversaries, moves, my schooling and subsequent job. We've been through the ups and downs of my life and theirs. We have been a support network for each other  and I can't imagine my life without them. But because it's on the Internet, it's not REAL LIFE? Says who??

Today I found out we lost a member. He has fought a brave battle for months now with many ups and downs. Like the previous members we lost, their families kept us updated. They knew the importance of us in their lives and of them in our lives. We shared their grief. But for someone to look at any one of us and say, but it's not real life is insulting and angering. He lost his life, his REAL LIFE, and that changes us all.

I love you Dean and I will miss you. I am glad there will be no more suffering for you and you fought a courageous battle. I'm sorry for me that your battle has ended but not for you. I am sorry for your sister because she has lost so much this past year and my prayers go out to her.

To the friends I have made online, I want you to know that you are my REAL LIFE FRIENDS and my life is better to have known you in it! This also goes out to my real friends from Smiel a Day as well. We have been through lifes ups and downs together and my life has been better for knowing you!

Comments

Denise said…
I'm sorry. It is very hard to lose someone you care about. xo
Emsxiety said…
Thanks Denise, much appreciated!

Popular posts from this blog

Get out of your own head.....

Monster Juice Spray pussifying our children?

Sometimes..