The hairdresser said what?
To the young woman who cut my future son in laws hair last night, informing him that you felt my daughter was fat in high school has nothing to do with cutting his hair. However it does show the horrible flaw in your character.
Your exact wording was, " You know Heather used to be fat in high school right?" I don't know if it was the scissors that made you say it, I know how tricky scissors can be. Or maybe it was the hair gel you're around all day that clouded your judgement. What was the point of this comment? That's what I'm just not getting. You know Heather and Nick are together, you met their beautiful daughter. You can see that they're very happy together, was it that happiness that you hoped to destroy? Oh you with such little faith in man, he has made it very clear that her weight has nothing to do with his love for her. He doesn't care if she weighed 400 in high school or 40 pounds, okay well he'd be afraid for her is she weighed 40 pounds but you get my meaning. He doesn't care what she weighs now. He loves her. Does that offend you? What did you think that comment was going to do? Did you think he'd jump from the chair and scream Heather I can no longer be with you because this girl thinks you were fat in high school? Did you think he would snatch up their daughter and run for fear that well Heather was fat in high and may eat their baby?
What is it about your own character that caused you to make such a remark? Are you unhappy in your own life? Are you ashamed of your own body and insecure and feel that you need to lash out at others to make yourself feel better? Did it work? How do you feel now?
I will be honest here, upon hearing this I wanted to drive over to where you work and pop you in the mouth, why? Because my daughter was bullied in school for being learning disabled, for having acne, for so many things and you just reminded me of how hard all that bullshit was for her. I wanted to pop you for bringing back those painful memories. But you know what, Heather is so amazing to me, she laughed about it. She said Mom, it's not worth it. Which I know is true, but still, it would feel good for a split second. I don't care what her opinion of me is or was, I don't care that she thought I was fat in high school, it may bother me a little that she felt the need to say that to Nick but in the long run, it doesn't matter. And she's right, your opinion of my beautiful, intelligent, loving daughter doesn't matter. It's your opinion of yourself that's showing through!
Your exact wording was, " You know Heather used to be fat in high school right?" I don't know if it was the scissors that made you say it, I know how tricky scissors can be. Or maybe it was the hair gel you're around all day that clouded your judgement. What was the point of this comment? That's what I'm just not getting. You know Heather and Nick are together, you met their beautiful daughter. You can see that they're very happy together, was it that happiness that you hoped to destroy? Oh you with such little faith in man, he has made it very clear that her weight has nothing to do with his love for her. He doesn't care if she weighed 400 in high school or 40 pounds, okay well he'd be afraid for her is she weighed 40 pounds but you get my meaning. He doesn't care what she weighs now. He loves her. Does that offend you? What did you think that comment was going to do? Did you think he'd jump from the chair and scream Heather I can no longer be with you because this girl thinks you were fat in high school? Did you think he would snatch up their daughter and run for fear that well Heather was fat in high and may eat their baby?
What is it about your own character that caused you to make such a remark? Are you unhappy in your own life? Are you ashamed of your own body and insecure and feel that you need to lash out at others to make yourself feel better? Did it work? How do you feel now?
I will be honest here, upon hearing this I wanted to drive over to where you work and pop you in the mouth, why? Because my daughter was bullied in school for being learning disabled, for having acne, for so many things and you just reminded me of how hard all that bullshit was for her. I wanted to pop you for bringing back those painful memories. But you know what, Heather is so amazing to me, she laughed about it. She said Mom, it's not worth it. Which I know is true, but still, it would feel good for a split second. I don't care what her opinion of me is or was, I don't care that she thought I was fat in high school, it may bother me a little that she felt the need to say that to Nick but in the long run, it doesn't matter. And she's right, your opinion of my beautiful, intelligent, loving daughter doesn't matter. It's your opinion of yourself that's showing through!
Comments