New forever home..
Yesterday afternoon our birds went to their new forever home. It was not an easy decision to make, giving them up, but I know it was the right one. First let me say I got a shit load of responses regarding our feathered babies. Seems everyone is looking for a cockatiel. The one from the bio lab was the first one I deleted. Some how that didn't seem right. What was worse is when he said he worked from home. Don't want to know what work you do.
There were others. Like the ones requesting me to separate the birds and only give them one. I was very clear they were bonded birds and needed to stay together. For stupidity they got deleted. Stupid people would never be able to have my birds. (No comments about us owning them please. lol) Then there was the person who told me I was wrong on the sexes of my birds. Hmmm really? Cause I saw the female lay an egg, if it's not the female and it's the male, damn we're rich! I should have never given them up. Although with a trace search on the phone number I could be standing outside their door in forty five minutes tops.
There were a few people that seemed worthy of taking such a big responsibility but only one offered us weekly updates and pictures. Offered to sign paperwork stating if for whatever reason the birds didn't work out with them that they would return them to us. They were the ones that got the birds. Today I already got my first update. The boy is already out of the cage sitting on her arm and flying around. I know I did the right thing because they weren't getting out here and weren't getting the attention they need and deserve. They were very healthy and well nourished. But even a caged bird needs to fly. (hehehe couldn't resist) So while it may be sad that we had to let them go and yes we did cry when they left... I'm glad we let them go!
There were others. Like the ones requesting me to separate the birds and only give them one. I was very clear they were bonded birds and needed to stay together. For stupidity they got deleted. Stupid people would never be able to have my birds. (No comments about us owning them please. lol) Then there was the person who told me I was wrong on the sexes of my birds. Hmmm really? Cause I saw the female lay an egg, if it's not the female and it's the male, damn we're rich! I should have never given them up. Although with a trace search on the phone number I could be standing outside their door in forty five minutes tops.
There were a few people that seemed worthy of taking such a big responsibility but only one offered us weekly updates and pictures. Offered to sign paperwork stating if for whatever reason the birds didn't work out with them that they would return them to us. They were the ones that got the birds. Today I already got my first update. The boy is already out of the cage sitting on her arm and flying around. I know I did the right thing because they weren't getting out here and weren't getting the attention they need and deserve. They were very healthy and well nourished. But even a caged bird needs to fly. (hehehe couldn't resist) So while it may be sad that we had to let them go and yes we did cry when they left... I'm glad we let them go!
Comments