Black Ice..
Yes my friends it's that time of the year again, where ugly Black Ice makes it appearance and I get the never ending lectures about it. Rob's now limited on how many times he can say Black Ice in any one year. The new year has begun so now he can say it all willy nilly and he does. Oh yes ladies and gentlemen he does. There is Black Ice out there. It's hiding under the snow we've gotten. Waiting to strike. As a friend of mine reminded me, Thanks Denise.
This is a reason for this posting however, one I have to share with you. On our way home, our being HJ, Nick, the baby and I, from a family Christmas party in Massachusetts, I had the displeasure of hitting a patch of Black Ice. I actually thought I had broken something on the truck by the way the front end went all crazy. One minute I was in my lane driving along nicely, next thing I know the truck was all, well I can't think of the word I want here, although the phrase, " losing it's shit" would work well. I honestly thought I had broken the axle on the front left wheel just by the way the truck felt. Oh no, it was actually Black Ice. In 24 years of driving, 5 of those legally, this was the very first time I have hit Black Ice. I hit one more patch of it on the road to home as well. It really is scary stuff. Did I admit this to him? Absolutely not. Why? Because life as I know it would be over. I'd never heard the end of it. Me admit that Black Ice really is scary? Won't happen. But just between you and me, it is scary. It really is scary. Just don't tell him I said that.
This is a reason for this posting however, one I have to share with you. On our way home, our being HJ, Nick, the baby and I, from a family Christmas party in Massachusetts, I had the displeasure of hitting a patch of Black Ice. I actually thought I had broken something on the truck by the way the front end went all crazy. One minute I was in my lane driving along nicely, next thing I know the truck was all, well I can't think of the word I want here, although the phrase, " losing it's shit" would work well. I honestly thought I had broken the axle on the front left wheel just by the way the truck felt. Oh no, it was actually Black Ice. In 24 years of driving, 5 of those legally, this was the very first time I have hit Black Ice. I hit one more patch of it on the road to home as well. It really is scary stuff. Did I admit this to him? Absolutely not. Why? Because life as I know it would be over. I'd never heard the end of it. Me admit that Black Ice really is scary? Won't happen. But just between you and me, it is scary. It really is scary. Just don't tell him I said that.
Comments
Na jk, i know if i do i'll probably not live long enough to see my 24th bday
Vered: We are all okay. I just couldn't figure out what was wrong at first.
Mr.Mr. Oh no you're not!!!! Lol